Youth Livestock Sale
- Support youth in their development of life skills through market animal projects, ex. record keeping, teamwork, management, animal evaluation, etc.
- Engage youth in reaching meat industry standards by employing effective management practices to be used in raising market animal projects.
- Establish and carry out an educational program.
- To develop project standards and leadership opportunities.
Anyone with an interest in the advancement of the meat animal projects in Adams County may be affiliated with this group.
Membership shall be open to all youth of an organized youth group in Adams County.
- Members may participate if actively enrolled in any of the meat animal projects.
- Members are required to follow all state health rules and the rules set forth in the Livestock Sale Handbook, (see link for handbook below).
Adult Membership & Support:
- Anyone with an interest in the meat animal projects may give support to this committee.
Parents/guardian expectations for support include:
- Providing primary project support for their child.
- Supporting their child in carrying out all responsibilities of this project.
- Contributing to the conduct of activities for the committee.
County Extension Agents and FFA Advisors will serve as advisors to the committee.
Livestock Committee Members
- Cathy Hunn, Chairman
- Bonnie Marti, Co-Chairman
- Tori Babcock, Secretary
- Lorie Henthorne, Treasurer
Beef Weigh-In Dates: January 26th – 10AM – 11:30AM at the Fairgrounds
Swine, Sheep, & Goat Weigh-In Dates: April 27th, 10-11:30AM, at the Fairgrounds
Small Animal Letter of Intent: Due April 27th to Committee Secretary